Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Decoupage Vintage Wooden Box with mini

This was a Michael's dollar box that I have covered using Vintage Findings paper from my stash. I first painted the outside of the box with white craft paint. I then tore the papers and adhered to the box with modpodge and sanded the edges and front button. I distressed the button with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. I was going to distress all the edges of the paper with Tea dye but forgot (maybe next time). The flower was made from dictionary paper that I cut out on my cricut with Accent Essentials cartridge and distressed with Rose Red ink and then formed into a flower, added a brad in the middle and I added some diamond dust to the petals. I then added a bling swirl freehand with my i-rock. I then added some lace that I had picked up at Joanns. The mini book was made from the same papers layered on coasters. I included 4 pockets that I included inspirational tags on. The tags were stamped with various Stampin Up stamps. I used my music score stamp to add more a background to the plain cardstock pages. The mini is binded with ribbon. The little flowers were made with the cover paper by using Stampin Up's 3 flower punch and 2 flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch.

Thanks for looking.









1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great project! They are very pretty:)

    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete