Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Here is a card I made for Thanksgiving. The turkey is a D.O.T.S. "Terrific Turkey" stamp and I stamped it with stazon ink on watercolor paper and used my Stampin Up markers to color him in. I then cut some leaves with a cuttlebug die and adhered them on my image.  I used the I-Rock to attach the bling on the leaves and on the card. The background paper is some old paper I had in my stash. Each layer was matted on dark brown cardstock and then added to a crumb cake A2 size card base. And then I added a ribbon bow. Thanks for looking and to my family, friends, and fellow crafters THANK YOU!!! for inspiring me each and every day.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Motorcycle Birthday Card

Off to my nephews birthday party, but I thought I would share the card I had made for him. He is fond of motorcycles and dirtbikes so this is what I came up with. The card base is a standard A2 size card of Stampin Up's Pacific Point cardstock cut 5 1/2 x 11 and scored in half. I then matted a piece of tin foil (that I had embossed with my diamond cuttlebug folder) on a piece of black cardstock. The motorcycle is a Stampin Up stamp and so is the sentiment. I colored in the motorcycle with pacific point and going gray ink with my blender pen and sponged the edges with pacific point ink, then matted the image on black cardstock. Mini brads were placed in all four corners and then the matted imaged was placed on the card with dimensionals.

Thanks for looking.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas Box Card

I had seen the directions for this type of card on a fellow crafter's blog Valita's Designs and Fresh Folds and knew I wanted to try this so here is my take on this type of card. The gingerbread men are from a TAC set that I stamped on Kraft cardstock 3 times (on two of them I excluded the heart and left the heart on one and colored it with a red marker). Glossy accents was used on the heart of the gingerbread man and the others I placed some tiny buttons from my stash. I filled in the frosting lines with my white gel pen. The two background papers are Stampin Up's Bermuda Bay cardstock stamped with snowflakes in versamark ink. The top and bottom gingerbread people are mounted on dimensionals and the middle gingerbread man is mounted on dimensionals on one side, on the other side is a piece of velcro.  The ribbon is red cardstock punched with the lace border punch from Stampin Up. I then shaped a bow from the cardstock and added that to the foe ribbon and added a pearl in the middle. The sentiment is a TAC stamp with Bermuda bay snowflakes lightly stamped in the background and punched out with the SU large oval punch and matted on an SU scalloped oval. I used my white gel pen to doodle dots on the scallops. The inside of the card box has a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock that I stamped snowflakes with white ink and then used a word background stamp with versamark and clear embossed over the top. The tags are from a TAC stamp set that I had left over from last year that I had made up.

Thanks for looking.

Fall Banner

Watching all the banner blog hops I decided to create my own fall banner. The banner was cut from my cricut using Scal and the letters were cut from a storybook font on my computer using Scal. I embossed the letters with the pumpkin cuttlebug embossing folder and layered them on a black shadow mat. The paper used was from an older Debbie Mum Holiday paper stack which I had in my stash. I challenged myself to use one paper stack on this project and to use up what I have. I used 3 (12x12) sheets from that stack for this banner. One paper I had cut out the images to use as embellishments (sayings, glittered leaves, glittered pictures etc.) I did use some textured cardstock for mating and to cut out some cuttlebug leaves that I ran through my crimper. Large black eyelets were used in the corners of each banner and the banner is connected and hung with raffia.

Thanks for looking.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Birthday card

Here is a birthday card that I had made for a friend. I used an oval frame and the birthday cuttlebug folder for the background and sprayed with some homemade glimmer mist and used my sponge dauber with ink to outline the cuttlebug image. I stamped the cake and sentiment using a Stampin Up set and colored in with my markers. I then placed some beaded trim around the oval with glossy accents (this was tricky since the beads kept moving, I should have used my glue gun for instant tack but you know how it is when you want to use something you cannot find it). I then tied a bow on the front and mounted the card front onto my card. I then added some bling and sparkle to the candles.

Thanks for looking.