Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas Box Card

I had seen the directions for this type of card on a fellow crafter's blog Valita's Designs and Fresh Folds and knew I wanted to try this so here is my take on this type of card. The gingerbread men are from a TAC set that I stamped on Kraft cardstock 3 times (on two of them I excluded the heart and left the heart on one and colored it with a red marker). Glossy accents was used on the heart of the gingerbread man and the others I placed some tiny buttons from my stash. I filled in the frosting lines with my white gel pen. The two background papers are Stampin Up's Bermuda Bay cardstock stamped with snowflakes in versamark ink. The top and bottom gingerbread people are mounted on dimensionals and the middle gingerbread man is mounted on dimensionals on one side, on the other side is a piece of velcro.  The ribbon is red cardstock punched with the lace border punch from Stampin Up. I then shaped a bow from the cardstock and added that to the foe ribbon and added a pearl in the middle. The sentiment is a TAC stamp with Bermuda bay snowflakes lightly stamped in the background and punched out with the SU large oval punch and matted on an SU scalloped oval. I used my white gel pen to doodle dots on the scallops. The inside of the card box has a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock that I stamped snowflakes with white ink and then used a word background stamp with versamark and clear embossed over the top. The tags are from a TAC stamp set that I had left over from last year that I had made up.

Thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment